TODAY, I'M HANGING OUT WITH ANGIE LEE AGAIN BUT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING TOTALLY NEW --- PODCASTING! WE BOTH HAVE KICKASS PODCASTS, SO WE WANT TO SPILL OUR SECRETS WITH YOU.
HOW DO WE KEEP IT AUTHENTIC?
HOW DO WE BOOK INCREDIBLE GUESTS?
WE'LL TALK ALL ABOUT IT!
Join Podcasting Month: https://visibilityvixen.com/podcasting
BEING COOL ABOUT IT, NOT LAME:
- Pitching yourself or trying to get guests on your show with lame copy + pasted verbage
- "Being a podcaster means not being selfish." - Angie Lee
- It's about who you know + networking
- Introduce yourself through mutual connections
- Speak their language, are they all about Fun? Stats? Education?
- You never know whether or not someone's show is going to blow up!
- Be different. Give a little extra time. Stick out in someone's memory!
"I don't have a copy + pasted message. I take the time to write that person + write exactly what they want to hear based on what I can tell by their personality." -Angie
DON'T BE LAME:
- Don't pitch yourself if you haven't crystallized your valuable offer
- Build your legitimate company + message so you have a ton to offer on a show
- Come from a place of authenticity + connection
"Podcasting is about who you know...there are rules, but there aren't rules." -Angie
FOLLOW YOUR GUT:
Cater your show to your specific personality
What are your strengths? Utilize those to book your guests.
Providing "Edutainment" - Education + Entertainment
Be you on your show. Serious, silly, factual, story-based.
i.e. Nikki's intro: how can I be a little bit different in the creative space?
"I'm constantly assessing - what is me? What do I really want to bring to this industry? And what's authentic for me to do every day?" -Angie
JOIN PODCASTING MONTH:
JOIN THE GROUP: