Today we're talking with my friend Lauren Eliz Love where's she's actually interviewing me about the confidence that's so desperately needed behind the screen with visibility.
FEELING LIKE YOU NEED TO BE PERFECT ON LIVESTREAMS:
- You can't be perfect on a livestream, it's impossible, something will go wrong
- People will actually relate to you more the less perfect your lives are!
HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE "JUST DO IT" STRATEGY?
- Throwing yourself into doing a live won't resolve those fears
- Dig into those fears to figure out what the wounds are behind the scenes that make you feel like you can't get on camera
- Recommendation: Broken Children, Grown Up Pain
- If you're injured before teenage years, you don't have the chemicals to understand that it's not your fault
- It's important to dig into these wounds because they will try to keep you from being visible because it "isn't safe"
- It's our job to do the most work we can on ourselves so that our audience can truly see who we are + how we can help
WHY YOU SHOULDN'T BE OBSESSED WITH VIEWS:
- The most powerful person you should talk to when you go live is your old self
- The audience you're serving is where you used to be
- Your #1 job is to be that forward-moving train that is obsessed with being that thought leader to impact the world....that is more attractive than anything else
- The views will come, the strategy will come
- Your brilliance in your message is owning that connection
WHAT IF I FORGET OR FREEZE UP?
- You absolutely will mess up, freeze up or forget
- Put a bottom to your fear
- Go in with a game plan, outline your live, keep it close to your livestreaming device
WHAT ARE THE ESSENTIALS OF LIVESTREAMING?
- A dependable connection/device
- Good lighting
Remember, livestreaming is just a tool to facilitate your mission on this planet.